I hosted a party the other day and found myself making summer rolls. I love these as appetizers at summer barbeques … they are cool and sweet and yummy.
I don’t always put the same ingredients into the summer rolls. It usually depends upon what I have and what I feel like making. I have been crazy for fresh pineapple salsa this summer, so I had that on hand. I was putting together the rolls when I suddenly realized that they were almost entirely perfect for a previous battle. I wish I had Frosted Flakes too, but these were great with pineapple, cucumber, shrimp and the drizzle of plum sauce.
Shrimp Summer Rolls
- 10 Asian summer roll wrappers
- 1/3 package Asian thin rice noodles (mai fun)
- 10 shrimp
- 1 cucumber, cut into julienned strips
- 1/2 cup pineapple salsa (see below)
- Asian plum sauce
- 1 fresh pineapple, chopped into small pieces
- bunch cilantro, chopped
- sliver of jalapeno, chopped
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- salt to taste